vrijdag 14 maart 2008

Twitter Crash Course

I know many of you guys don't really get Twitter. I have tried to explain it, but you just give me that blank look and say: "so it's like msn or something?". I think @Slijterijmeisje was right when she said: " Hebben jullie soms ook het gevoel dat wij Twitteraars een soort 5e colonne vormen waarvan de rest van de wereld helemaal niets snapt?" and "Twitter; soort van onzichtbare kaboutertjes die agenderen, assisteren en soms domineren, maar die er alleen zijn als jij ze ook wilt zien:-)".
Funny thing is, you get so used to the invisibility of Twitter that it comes as a shock when people let you know they actually are following you. Kind of like when you find out people are reading your weblog. You're happy because they are supposed to read it, but when someone asks you out of the blue "did you sleep better last night?" your first reaction is "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!". Two seconds later you realise that you're being ridiculous because you just posted a twitter on your sleeping problems for the entire world to see. Funny stuff :).
Anyway, I found this video about Twitter on YouTube. Lee LeFever made it as part of his 'in plain English' series. Basically he tries to explain our crazy 2.0 world... in plain English. Take this 2 minutes and 25 seconds crash course and if you still don't understand Twitter after that, I'll give up and never bother you again. I'll go back to my invisible leprechaun life.

Geen opmerkingen: