dinsdag 15 januari 2008

When Friends Split up


I know it happens all the time, it's just as much a part of life as winter and summer, sadness and happy times, death and new life. And taxes of course. But when two of your closest friends decide to split up, it just gets to you.

I'm one of the lucky few whose parents never got divorced, but for a tiny little bit I can imagine how it might feel. I understand that two grown people have every right to decide that it's better for them to not be together anymore. But what about us? Are there going to be two christmasses for the friends? I don't think so...


Of course I'm being terribly selfish (and despite my effort not very funny). I just hope that my friends both find peace of mind and the strength to pick up their lives again soon. And even though they won't be together, I'd like to call myself their friend for a very long time to come.

2 opmerkingen:

gabemac zei

Marieke, you and PB will always be my friend. It is rough. Rough on everyone. But in the end, I think there is little choice in the matter. At least that how it seems. Hopefully we'll be able to get a drink sometime soon, talk about the good times, and make new ones. As far as Christmas, I'll probably be in the States this year so I wouldn't worry about that. Not sure about New Year's but I will be having a Halloween party again for sure!

love you both... G

Anoniem zei

Image is very beautiful Marieke!