vrijdag 4 januari 2008

New Beginnings

It's normal for people to get sentimental around this time of year. You think back on the good times and not so good times of the past year and dream about the exciting stuff waiting for you in the year to come. Well, usually I don't remeniss like that at New Years Eve (just give me that bottle of champagne ;) ), but this year was different...

January 2 I started my new job as web editor for a Dutch website on the automotive industry, that's why. I'm working with an all male team of very professonial and driven journalists (of course they're driven, they're automotive journalists! Was that joke too cheesy? I stole it from Eddie Izzard). It's great to work with such enthousiastic people in a company supporting that atmosphere. Especially the last part was kind of new for me, but it's quite a relieve as you can imagine.

I'm working for Automotive Online four days of the week, and the rest of my time I'll be doing freelance work. I've been thinking about setting up my own little business for quite some time, and now I got the chance to try it out, I find it a bit scary. Especially the taxes and administration part, I'm just not good with figures. But I'm not planning on giving up, I want to really give this experiment a chance. Today I got my first freelance assignment. I'm very pleased with myself. It's about bioplastics, a topic I used to write a lot about for my last job, so this couldn't have been a better subject for me. Very exciting!

By the way, if you want to hire my freelance writing/editing services, leave a message. My expertise lies with cars, plastics, industrial design, cross media and web 2.0. Oh and bunnies of course.

Geen opmerkingen: